But what about all the other oils out there? Basically Essential oils are just that, the Essential oil that is released when a plant is either distilled or pressed. Think of peeling an orange and the little squirts of mist that come from the peel when you bend it, that is orange essential oil. People have used this stuff for as long as time was recorded, oils are mentioned in the Bible for annointing and washing of feet as well as being used for healing and as a trade commodity.
Okay, so I wanted to try some of this stuff out. I am sold on Lavender and learning uses of all the other oils as well. However, Lavender is at the top of my list. I am not plugging a brand but the two up top are what I have in my possession. I can tell a difference in quality between the two one being more costly then the other and working distinctly better than the less costly.
What do I use it for? The following are all things that either myself or one of the people in my household has found successfull relief with the use of Lavender:
1. Bug biters (stops the itch)
2. Kitchen burns (takes out the sting)
3. Bee Stings (again for stinging and itching)
4. Itchy red allergy eyes (NOT IN THE EYES! but a dot on either temple and between the eyes)
5. Poison Ivy (helps with the itch)
6. Excema (diluted with an oil like olive or coconut to moisterize and calm the skin)
7. Cradle cap (diluted as above)
8. Soothing for help going to sleep
9. Skinned knees (we have plenty of these... and it DOES NOT sting when applied directly on the skinned knee!) super plus.
I now carry a small bottle in my purse, it has already come in handy while being at a picnic and getting stung by a sweat bee...nasty little booger!
I love my lavender...